PDA

View Full Version : Sunscreen in a pill - does it work?

pinkglow
01-28-2006, 08:42 AM
I have been taking my sunscreen pills from Helio Care. It is supposed to replace the need to apply sunscreen. Wonder if it is really true, coz i really worry about getting freckles and yet have not been able to find a suitable sunscreen. TIA

pinkglow
01-28-2006, 08:42 AM
I have been taking my sunscreen pills from Helio Care. It is supposed to replace the need to apply sunscreen. Wonder if it is really true, coz i really worry about getting freckles and yet have not been able to find a suitable sunscreen. TIA

my analisa
01-28-2006, 10:01 AM
I have no idea about sunscreen pills, but what kind of sunscreen lotions have you tried?

I really like sunscreens from Oil of Olay (the sensitive one), Dove, Eucerin, and Purpose.

Good luck! http://community.icompact.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Peaches715
01-28-2006, 10:33 AM
I've never heard of that! It would be awesome if it actually worked tho

Jennerosity
01-28-2006, 02:27 PM
I would really love it if they did develop a completely internal sunscreen! I'm not sure if it's exactly the same as what you're taking, but I did a bit of a google search for it and came up with this article (http://www.g4tv.com/techtvvault/features/39895/Popping_Pills_to_Prevent_Sunburns.html). It looks like it'll increase your resistance to burning, but sunscreen is still recommended.

CherriedEmpress
01-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Sunscreen in pill form? That sounds really interesting. I think applying a lotion sunscreen directly on your skin would work better though. Just a guess.

catstyle
01-28-2006, 03:01 PM
I would like to know if this works, too. Where do you buy it?

I would so much rather take a sunscreen pill than apply sunscreen. I am super-fair, and constantly have to be vigilant about burning when I am in the sun.

FiestyFemme
01-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Sunscreen in pill form is an interesting concept - however, even if it does work, I'd still feel better about applying sunscreen to my skin.

pinkglow
01-29-2006, 01:32 AM
Hmm...I thought America would have such a product, coz sunscreen in a pill will sure be a hit. Hmm...now i am beginning to suspect the efficiency of the product since it claims to be from America. Whats' worse is that I have been under the sun for months without sunscreen...boo hoo.

pinkglow
01-29-2006, 01:34 AM
I got the product from just the local pharmacy. I have tried japanese brands of sunscreen, as they are less oily. but somehow they seem to clog pores, or irritate my skin after a while. I am in Asia, where there is not much choice in cheap and good sunscreen http://community.icompact.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

SammiM
01-29-2006, 11:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FiestyFemme:
Sunscreen in pill form is an interesting concept - however, even if it does work, I'd still feel better about applying sunscreen to my skin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ITA! I just wouldn't feel safe with taking a pill to protect against sun damage.

Gilda1946
01-30-2006, 09:00 AM
There is an article about this in the Feb. US Vogue. I haven't read it yet, just skimmed it. So far one doesn't exist.

I've seen the Helio Care pills at Rite Aid. There are also ones that are supposed to help you tan if you normally burn. I wouldn't trust them.

KatieLynn
01-30-2006, 11:46 AM
I'd be very, very careful. Not just because I doubt anything like that is regulated by the FDA (so who knows whats in it?), but because you may be relying on a product that does absolutely nothing to protect you from UV rays. I'd stick with a good old bottle of sunblock.

purelai
01-30-2006, 01:52 PM
<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I've heard and seen self-tanner in a pill before, but not sunscreen. Personally I feel better if I just apply it to my skin, but pill is convenient.</span>

pinkglow
02-02-2006, 03:28 AM
Thanks for all the advise. My search for the perfect sunscreen continues. Luckily I have been hiding under the sun during these few months...probably will need to slather some thick skin saving cream tonight hehe