iCompact Makeup Forum

iCompact Makeup Forum (http://www.icompact.com/forums/index.php)
-   Makeup Q&A (http://www.icompact.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Silicone-free liquid foundation - does this exist anymore? (http://www.icompact.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9003)

StaceyLS83 12-12-2006 12:08 PM

Silicone-free liquid foundation - does this exist anymore?

I use and love Everyday Minerals...but I'd really like to have a liquid foundation for occasions when I need to be a little more polished. I can't use silicones and it's been impossible so far to find a liquid without them. Anyone know of one?

squirrel 12-12-2006 12:43 PM

How about mixing it with moisturizer, aloe gel or grapeseed oil? I mix mine with Olay Regenerist for a cream to powder but I think its got silicones in it. also www.thepureboutique.com has a liquid MM for dryiers skins. Its looks really good but I think its a bit rich for my skin. I think its a sheer coverage but you can always dust some EM to finish it.

Mz LaLa 12-12-2006 02:24 PM

Can't say I've really found one. I wish one exisited b/c sometimes I get tired of using mineral foundation as well, it's a more natural look which is fine, but sometimes yah want that extra oommph.

I wish stupid companies would stop putting silicones in everything!

/rant

mini 12-12-2006 05:20 PM

I've mixed my MM with moisturizer before to make it into a tinted moisturizer, but I guess you can mess with the concentration to get it to the right coverage.

LipstickChick 12-12-2006 10:14 PM

Not 100% sure on this, but Maybelline's Pure foundation might be something to check out -- I know it's water-based, and I can say that it's one of my absolute favorite foundations these days. Paired with its matching powder, I get an incredibly flawless finish -- love! :)

StaceyLS83 12-13-2006 10:02 AM

I used Pure foundation for a while over the summer, and I think it too has silicones. :( It made me very oily as well. Bummed me out, because I really liked the consistency of it.

I think I'll just try mixing my EM with moisturizer. I can probably get good coverage out of it if I work with it enough.

mlhutch79 12-16-2006 11:44 PM

Not a liquid, but the only foundation I've been able to find that doesn't contain silicones is Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer. It's a bit tricky to find a shade that matches (I lucked out with my guess. MUA has a review that lists a description of all the shades which is how I chose my shade so it might help.), it's a bit tricky to apply, and it's a little expensive. The coverage can be built up but you have to be careful cause you can end up looking mask-like if you apply too much. So far, I've been happy with mine. I have been breaking out lately, but I don't think it's from this. I tend to rest my chin on my hand at work a lot and I think that's why my jawline and cheeks are breaking out. lol I'm still considering buying Prescriptives Flawless foundation just to use every once in a while as I miss the coverage and look of a really good liquid foundation. AAAARRRRGGGGG!!!! Stupid cosmetics companies! Honestly, who came up with this "let's chock our products full of silicones" mentality???? *sigh* Just had to rant a little as well. lol Oh I bought the Sensual SKin Enhancer off of beauty.com.

Michelle

MisguidedRoses 12-21-2006 07:55 AM

Is it just the look of a liquid foundation that you're looking for? If so, I'd recommend checking out EM's Original Glo formula. It has little shimmer particles that give it this glowy/dewy look, that to me, has the look of a liquid foundation. Not sure if it's at all what you're looking for, but I thought I'd throw it out there! :)