Go Back   iCompact Makeup Forum > Talk About It > Skin Care

Skin Care Skincare, moisturizer, acne, & everything in-between

Old 03-27-2007, 09:23 PM   #1
Jedahbelle
Millenium Club

Vaseline As Eye Cream!?

I was watching the Tyra Banks show today, and it was about skin care. Well at the end of the show, Tyra was raving about her ultimate beauty secret. She said that not only was it a good undereye moisturizer, it was good just about anywhere. Well in the end she revealed that she was actually referring to vaseline.

I've never heard of anyone using vaseline as an eye cream before in my life. Has anyone else heard of this before? I don't know why but it seems like it would be unsafe to vaseline so close to your eyes.
Roxanne~31~Dark brown hair/eyes~NC20
Jedahbelle is offline   Location: Los Angeles, California, USA | Join Date: May 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:59 PM   #2
FiestyFemme
Admin

Wow, I can't imagine using Vaseline as eye cream! It seems like it would be greasy and possible travel into the eyes. Then I think about how it might clog my pores and cause milia. Man, I just don't know about that, but I'm interested to see what other people say about it.
*Erica*
*light skin/hazel eyes/medium brown hair*
FiestyFemme is offline   Location: True Blood capitol of the US | Join Date: Jun 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:00 PM   #3
TheWomanMonster
Millenium Club

my grandma told me that when I was a little girl.

I've never been brave enough to try it...

Meagan.
28. BC Canada. Fair Skin, Dark Hair, Light Eyes.

TheWomanMonster is offline   Location: The Valley, BC. Canada. | Join Date: Jan 2007 Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:05 PM   #4
purelai

I apply a very thin layer of vaseline around my eyes after I take off my makeup everyday. I do it to "calm" and smooth the skin around my eyes, it feels like I'm abusing them every time I'm taking eye makeup off. Never had a problem with it. I also heard vaseline is good for the lashes.
*Kat* (Noelle & Arwen's mommy) NC25/5'6/brown hair & dark brown eyes

purelai is offline   Location: California | Join Date: Nov 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:14 PM   #5
JennRoss
IA Lifetime Member

I tried it a couple of times, but it left residue on my pillow. Too greasy and wasn't for me.
~Jennifer~
JennRoss is offline   Location: Missouri | Join Date: Jul 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:13 AM   #6
cutie123
Goddess

I think if you used a really small amount it would be an excellent eye cream.
becky*
cutie123 is offline   Location: CT, USA | Join Date: May 2002 Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:32 AM   #7
HeatherinFL

I have actually been using it to take off my eye makeup. I ran out of remover about 2 weeks ago and just haven't bought anymore, so I broke out the ol' vaseline. Does wonders for getting makeup off and I haven't had any problems with it irritating my eyes, or the skin around my eyes.
HeatherinFL is offline   Location: CO | Join Date: Nov 2006 Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:40 AM   #8
DarleneH
Millenium Club

I just had a flashback to that scene in "Shallow Hal" where he's got all that vaseline gobbed on his eyes. I love that movie.

I have used it in the past. You only have to dab on a tiny bit, so as long as you don't overdo it there's really no greasy problem. I really need to quit trying all the chemically crap in skincare and get back to basics.

On a related note, awhile back I was reading at TLHC (Long Hair Comm.) about olive oil as a moisturizer. The raves for it were remarkable. Maybe when I finish up all the stuff I have I'll try going back to this type of stuff.
DarleneH is offline   Location: South MS | Join Date: Nov 2000 Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:56 AM   #9
StaceyLS83
Goddess

I've used it on my lashes many times with no ill effects. As long as you applied a very small amount, I think it would be great for the skin around the eyes.
~*Stacey*~

Licensed Esthetician and Massage Therapist
StaceyLS83 is offline   Location: NC | Join Date: Dec 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:01 AM   #10
Malia
Millenium Club

I hear and read about a lot of older women that wear it. I saw this lady, she look like she was in her 90's smear this on her entire face after she did laps in the pool. (OK, LOL, I have to mention this...She had bright red lipstick and a very old swimming cap while doing laps...God Bless Her!)

Anyway, I have used it before even Aquaphor under my eyes with no problem. I use Aquaphor when I get really chapped or dry around the eye area. I've even smeared it on my face with no problems, lately.
Malia is offline   Join Date: Jan 2001 Reply With Quote