Go Back   iCompact Makeup Forum > Talk About It > Skin Care

Skin Care Skincare, moisturizer, acne, & everything in-between

Old 03-18-2011, 04:15 AM   #1
Lisa Luvs U

Body lotion/cream for dry flaky skin?

I recently used up Neutrogena's soothing wrap body lotion & i'm up for trying something new. Any rec's? Drugstore preferred. Tankies!
"See she came from having nothing can't fault her for wanting something.."
Lisa Luvs U is offline   Location: Bronx, NY | Join Date: Dec 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
FiestyFemme
Admin

I like Curel Ultra Healing Lotion. I've been through countless bottles. I sometimes stray, but I always come back.
*Erica*
*light skin/hazel eyes/medium brown hair*
FiestyFemme is offline   Location: True Blood capitol of the US | Join Date: Jun 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
MisguidedRoses
Goddess

The one I really like is called Cornhuskers Lotion. Weird name, but it's awesome. I haven't used it on my body, but my hands get crazy dry in the winter and it's the only thing I've found that keeps them soft. I'm sure it would work well for the rest of the body, too. It's really light and kind of a weird texture (clear and sort of gel-like) but it's super moisturizing.
light neutral/warm skintone, blue eyes, medium brown hair
MisguidedRoses is offline   Location: Kentucky | Join Date: Apr 2002 Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
blackbird668
Millenium Club

I like St Ives lotions. Currently using oatmeal & shea butter, but I've used other varieties, too.
--Vicki
blackbird668 is offline   Location: Oklahoma | Join Date: Mar 2009 Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:01 AM   #5
JennRoss
IA Lifetime Member

I like Palmer's Cocoa Butter and Eucerin Plus Smoothing Essentials Fast Absorbing Lotion.
JennRoss is offline   Location: Missouri | Join Date: Jul 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:11 AM   #6
bagelwright

I'm a big fan of Eucerin products. I also suggested paying the $4.99 and buying a bottle of castor oil. Add few generous drops to whatever body lotion you're using when you'r applying it - it's terrificly moisturizing and rich!
bagelwright is offline   Location: The Adirondack Mountains | Join Date: Oct 2006 Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #7
kitkat85
IA Lifetime Member

I'm enjoying Eucerin's Calming Cream. Really hydrating and fragrance free.
28, Combo skin, MAC NC20/BB Sand, Green Eyes, chocolate brown hair
~
"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option." ~
kitkat85 is offline   Location: Texas | Join Date: Apr 2002 Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #8
StaceyLS83
Goddess

Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing Moisture lotion is fabulous! My hands, and really my arms up to my elbows, are extremely dry due to constantly washing and sanitizing them, and this lotion has been amazing since I bought it about 3 weeks ago.
~*Stacey*~

Licensed Esthetician and Massage Therapist
StaceyLS83 is offline   Location: NC | Join Date: Dec 2001 Reply With Quote