Go Back   iCompact Makeup Forum > Talk About It > Makeup Q&A

Makeup Q&A Talk about all kinds of cosmetics, makeup and beauty products.

Old 07-16-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
Heather_ebay06

Hi,

So I bought the new Loreal Bare Naturalle powder makeup....in the wrong shade. I took it back to Target with the receipt and the lady asked if it was opened. I said yes that I had tested it. As she is asking me this and as I'm saying it was opened she opens the container and rubs her fingers across the brush--scattering the powder everywhere!!! and then hands it back to me. I think this is gross.

For many years now, I've been buying cosmetics at everywhere from Wal-Mart to Mac and have been asking..I can return if I don't like the shade, etc. I found it VERY surprising that such a big store has this policy. I know this policy of accepting returns is generous--however, I think it does encourage sales because people know they can bring it back.

What do you all think about this? I almost called the manager at Target this morning after she ran her fingers through the brush--thats just not sanitary/polite as I told her at the same moment that I had opened/tested it. Should I call the manager?

Thanks
Heather_ebay06 is offline   Join Date: Sep 2005 Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:24 PM   #2
cutie123
Goddess

I would call the manager...I've opened products and returned them, makeup and otherwise. They've never made an issue.
becky*
cutie123 is offline   Location: CT, USA | Join Date: May 2002 Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:24 PM   #3
marroncream
Millenium Club

Often times when i make a return i do get asked if it was used or not. I guess they want so they don't put it back on the floor to sell..I have had the sales person at target actually open up some cosmetics to see if it's been used or not..as long as they don't put the product back out on the floor to be sold i think her touching the brush is ok..Also i don't know if it's only the targets near me or not but sometimes when they know that a product has been used they do not take it back. I don't blame them since there isn't a sign that says the do take back used cosmetics, unlike rite aid that makes it known.
~jeny
marroncream is offline   Join Date: Dec 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:53 PM   #4
MRC0806
IA Lifetime Member

Thanks for letting us know about Target's return policy. When I do return products at stores I am often asked if they are used, but like the poster above stated that is only so they don't put it back on the sales floor. However, what that clerk did to you wasn't right. If she wasn't going to take the product back and give it back to you then she had no right to run her fingers through the brush. I would definitely call the manager to inform him/her of the situation. If I were you, I would never buy cosmetics from them again. You should be allowed to switch a shade if it isn't right. Even department store brands let you switch! How absurd.
Marisa.
fair skin.
dark brown eyes.
medium brown hair with caramel highlights and chocolate brown lowlights.
MRC0806 is offline   Location: Salem, Massachusetts | Join Date: Dec 2005 Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:05 PM   #5
my analisa
Millenium Club

Oh definitely call the manager! That is totally unacceptable.
www.boniestwo.blogspot.com "I know so many women whose full-time job is fixing what's wrong with them.. it's an endless cycle that prompts the question: If this is your life, what are you getting ready for?" "I hate cameras. They are so much more sure than I am about everything."- John Steinbeck. Hair: Light blonde cut below my shoulders ~ Eyes: Medium Green ~ Skin: Ivory-white, oily, acne-prone. Fave sites: www.greensmoothiegirl.com
my analisa is offline   Location: USA | Join Date: Jul 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:07 PM   #6
Blinkers345
IA Lifetime Member

Oh wow...that's terrible. I've never bought m/u that I've wanted to return from Target (I usually hit their clearance bins, heh). Speaking of Target though..I've got an electronic that I need to return to there soon. I hope they're not that strict about it!
Blinkers345 is offline   Location: Texas | Join Date: Dec 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:15 PM   #7
merecurly
Millenium Club

Actually, I hate the way Target does returns, esp. if you don't have a receipt. You can only get a return to the department at which you bought it (if you don't have a receipt). Otherwise I think they're ok.
Meredith
merecurly is offline   Location: College Park, MD via Birmingham, AL :D | Join Date: Apr 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:38 PM   #8
FiestyFemme
Admin

I've never had to return cosmetics to Target, but then again, I rarely return/exchange anything anyways. Thanks for letting us know though!
*Erica*
*light skin/hazel eyes/medium brown hair*
FiestyFemme is offline   Location: True Blood capitol of the US | Join Date: Jun 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:43 PM   #9
my analisa
Millenium Club

Blinkers, I don't think they accept opened electronics, if yours is opened.
www.boniestwo.blogspot.com "I know so many women whose full-time job is fixing what's wrong with them.. it's an endless cycle that prompts the question: If this is your life, what are you getting ready for?" "I hate cameras. They are so much more sure than I am about everything."- John Steinbeck. Hair: Light blonde cut below my shoulders ~ Eyes: Medium Green ~ Skin: Ivory-white, oily, acne-prone. Fave sites: www.greensmoothiegirl.com
my analisa is offline   Location: USA | Join Date: Jul 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 05:05 AM   #10
cutie123
Goddess

They accepted my opened electronics...well, I bought accessories for my mp3 player and it turned out to be the wrong kind, they gave me a cash refund right away.
becky*
cutie123 is offline   Location: CT, USA | Join Date: May 2002 Reply With Quote