Go Back   iCompact Makeup Forum > Talk About It > Skin Care

Skin Care Skincare, moisturizer, acne, & everything in-between

Old 07-30-2005, 10:27 AM   #1
SilverAngel

I'm so mad right now. My face is pretty much completely clear except for a couple very tiny zits, well that was until a couple days ago. Now I have one huge red sore cyst on my face and it's ruining my whole face and really ticking me off About 2 months ago I had this very same cyst in the very same spot and now it's back again. Can someone recommend something that will make it go away fast? I've tried Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid on previous cysts I've had in the past but they didn't work. Currently I am putting Neosporin Cream on the cyst 3 times a day and still using my prescription acne meds. I really want this thing to be gone in time for my trip that I am taking in 3 weeks and the last cyst I just had lasted for like 6 weeks Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've heard that cortizone cream works to shrink down cysts, anyone try this? I don't understand why I am even getting a cyst, I haven't had them in ages and now I've had two in the past few months Thanks for the help and for listening to me rant

~*SilverAngel*~
Tomorrow will be another part of yesterday
And yesterday will be another part of the day before
Wait, I hear another song insomnia
About the days I wasn't tired
And doing that "fun retro look"
I stay awake for days
I stay awake for days
But I'd sit awake in daze anyway
I'm a maze of chains

~silverchair
Young Modern In store now
SilverAngel is offline   Join Date: Mar 2002 Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:27 AM   #2
SilverAngel

I'm so mad right now. My face is pretty much completely clear except for a couple very tiny zits, well that was until a couple days ago. Now I have one huge red sore cyst on my face and it's ruining my whole face and really ticking me off About 2 months ago I had this very same cyst in the very same spot and now it's back again. Can someone recommend something that will make it go away fast? I've tried Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid on previous cysts I've had in the past but they didn't work. Currently I am putting Neosporin Cream on the cyst 3 times a day and still using my prescription acne meds. I really want this thing to be gone in time for my trip that I am taking in 3 weeks and the last cyst I just had lasted for like 6 weeks Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've heard that cortizone cream works to shrink down cysts, anyone try this? I don't understand why I am even getting a cyst, I haven't had them in ages and now I've had two in the past few months Thanks for the help and for listening to me rant

~*SilverAngel*~
I stay awake for days
I stay awake for days
I'm a maze of chains

~silverchair
Old 07-30-2005, 11:03 AM   #3
gloss_junkie
Millenium Club

Hopefully someone here maybe able to help more than I, b/c for me, the OTC treatments don't help when I get cysts and they last for weeks. Applying the OTC hydrocortisone cream may help with the redness, but it may not be enough to shrink it. You said that you were on acne meds, so I'm assuming you are seeing a dermatologist? If so I would go in and see if the DR could give you a Cortisone injection. These can help shrink the cyst in a matter of days. If you can't do this, I would try the OTC cortisone cream and maybe spot treating it over night with QH Mint Julip mask. I hope you're able to get some relief soon !!
~*Teresa*~
MMM w/ Olive Undertones ~ Acne-Prone ~ Dark Brown Eyes ~ Medium Chocolate Brown Hair
gloss_junkie is offline   Location: USA | Join Date: May 2004 Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:33 PM   #4
Kately
Millenium Club

My theory about cysts are that you must extract them or else they will come back in the same place. If I were you I would put on a clay mask on it and leave it there to suck the gunk up to the surface. You might want to try a hot water compress too. Then try to extract it, if it's stubborn, try pricking it first. When you have extracted it, put on some more clay mask to remove any other oil/liquid, rinse, and then dab on some Neosporin.
If you are good, you will be assigned all the work.

If you are really good, you will get out of it.
Kately is offline   Location: CA | Join Date: Jan 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:37 PM   #5
FiestyFemme
Admin

ITA with gloss_junkie's suggestion of the cortisone injection from the derm. I've had several cysts before, and I got the last one I had injected with cortisone at the derm. It had disappeared completely from the surface in about 2-3 days, and it was completely gone in a week. I haven't had any more since, but I would definitely go back for another injection instead of suffering!
*Erica*
*light skin/hazel eyes/medium brown hair*
FiestyFemme is offline   Location: True Blood capitol of the US | Join Date: Jun 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 03:33 AM   #6
HunnyB
Millenium Club

I've never gotten a cortisone injection from a derm, but I hear it's the best way to go! Maybe someday....

Otherwise, ice, a layer of 10% BP (I like Clearasil Total Control), and QHMJM overnight is the best I can do.
27 y/o . warm-toned ggg combo skin . brown highlighted hair . brown eyes . japanese/chinese

HunnyB is offline   Location: The Aloha State | Join Date: May 2002 Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:27 PM   #7
ChezMoi

I'll have to advise AGAINST picking it. Hot compress on clean skin for 5-10 min (best right after a shower) and then dab on a clay mask like QHMJ. Leave it on overnight, or wipe it off after 15 min and apply Clear Eyes (if you're going out) to reduce redness or (if staying in) apply Neosporin or a cortisone. HTH.
Christine --- * 20 yrs * Brown-Eyed Brunette * CG Classic Ivory / Combination
ChezMoi is offline   Location: California | Join Date: May 2003 Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:57 PM   #8
SilverAngel

Thanks guys I actually have a derm appointment for tomorrow for an IPL treatment. If the derm is there I will ask her about getting a cortisone shot. Hopefully she will actually be there as I doubt the technicians have the authority to decide whether or not I can have one. Hopefully if I can't have a cortisone shot one of these tips will help.

For those of you who have had a cortisone shot, did it leave a scar? I've been reading about them and I've heard loads of complaints from people saying it left a hole on there face. So I'm sort of afraid to get a cortisone shot, but I'm going to talk to my derm if she's in. If she's not there I won't be able to go back anytime soon as she is an hour and a half away from where I live. Thanks again!

~*SilverAngel*~
I stay awake for days
I stay awake for days
I'm a maze of chains

~silverchair
Old 08-01-2005, 10:25 AM   #9
FiestyFemme
Admin

The injection did not leave a scar - the only thing that scarred was where the cyst was, but my last one was 3 years ago, so it's pretty much all gone now.
*Erica*
*light skin/hazel eyes/medium brown hair*
FiestyFemme is offline   Location: True Blood capitol of the US | Join Date: Jun 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:50 AM   #10
krissy.b
IA Lifetime Member

ask for the cortisone shot! I got one once and it totally got rid of the swelling in a few days
PPP, medium brunette waistlength curly hair-blue/green eyes
*no more CT for me!! *
krissy.b is offline   Location: New Orleans! | Join Date: Jan 2002 Reply With Quote