Go Back   iCompact Makeup Forum > Talk About It > Makeup Q&A

Makeup Q&A Talk about all kinds of cosmetics, makeup and beauty products.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
TheConnieVandelayShow

Discontinued Makeup Brands List?

I was looking on eBay for discontinued makeup out of curosity, and some old makeup lines came up. Like:
Brands:
  • Oil Of Olay makeup (I remember when this stuff got discontinued, Nutrogena was put in its place in the stores around here and "if you liked Oil Of Olay ____, use Nutrogena _____".
  • Sears' Circle Of Beauty Line. I bought some blush when my Sears was getting rid of the line (and their entire makeup counters!) in 2001 and it was icky. Sears also sold a line called "Studio Makeup" and I never saw that suff again after my sears took out their cosmetics section.
  • Vital Radiance by Revlon

Lines:
  • Streetwear by Revlon
Anita

Last edited by TheConnieVandelayShow; 11-17-2006 at 05:13 PM.
TheConnieVandelayShow is offline   Location: Wakefield, VA | Join Date: Nov 2006 Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:29 PM   #2
Gayle0000

I remember all those lines. Never really used anything I liked from them.

Not a makeup line, but the haircare line called Physique has been discontinued. My H loved their hair gel and now he's PO'd he can't get it anymre. He's going around whining more than I do when something gets the boot.
Gayle0000 is offline   Location: Central Illinois | Join Date: Oct 2006 Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:58 PM   #3
JennRoss
IA Lifetime Member

I remember those lines, bit never used anything from them either. I can only think of a line called Cutex from several years back, but I think it was mostly nail polish.
~Jennifer~
JennRoss is offline   Location: Missouri | Join Date: Jul 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:44 AM   #4
Blinkers345
IA Lifetime Member

Wow...I'm really out of touch with the m/u world! I had no idea they discontinued the Vital Radiance line already. I saw it coming though, because it was just way too expensive for drugstore stuff. Here are some more I remember that are gone -

*Dessert
*Fetish
*Tommy Hilfiger
Blinkers345 is offline   Location: Texas | Join Date: Dec 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:42 AM   #5
LaRana
Millenium Club

I am probably really showing my age. But I remember my mom having a lot of Azizza (sp?), and as a little girl I used Tinkerbell.

When I was in jr high, I had some line called Soft and Fresh or Clean and Soft, I cant remember the name but I had a couple of lipsticks by them and a powder that came in a lavendar compact.

Calvin Klein was also d/c, which really bummed me out because I loved this lip suede lipstick I had by them. Gave a really natural look.
LaRana is offline   Location: In a very hot place | Join Date: Dec 2000 Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:51 PM   #6
TheConnieVandelayShow

Quote:
and as a little girl I used Tinkerbell.
I had Tinkerbell in the early early 90's. I had a powder and a pink nailpolish.

Quote:
*Dessert
This stuff is still on clearance at Eckerd. If I was like, 12 I'd buy it but I'm no longer 12.

Quote:
I can only think of a line called Cutex from several years back, but I think it was mostly nail polish.
I remember their nailpolish. Kinda funny that a company known for their nail polish remover would make nailpolish.

Quote:
Fetish
I remember when this stuff was originally just Nail Fetish. I remember getting the fake nails in the spiral packaging all the time. And I had some nail tatoos too.

Quote:
I had no idea they discontinued the Vital Radiance line already.
It's gone at my Wal Mart, and in the Rite Aid salespaper for next week its 50% off. I might get some stuff for my mom and put it in her stocking, although she has plenty of the stuff she's barely used.

Quote:
Not a makeup line, but the haircare line called Physique has been discontinued.
Does anybody remember the Teen Spirit haircare line? I wanted some of that stuff so bad when I was a kid but never got any. This one time at a thirft store I saw some some Teen Spirit hairspray and I almost got it! I wish I had! For a while I thought everything Teen Spirit was gone, but the deodorant still remains. I remember that stuff smelled good but made my underarms itchy.

I'm also ticked off that the Herbal Essences haircare line has been revamped. I went to Eckerd back in September and stocked up on the old stuff. But turns out my childhood dandruff has come back so I can't use it at the moment.

Oh, is Sarah Michaels stuff still around? I still have a small bottle of their Rose oil spray.

I was bored and simply put the word "discontinued" in ebay and a lot of unique cosmetic stuff is coming up among the discontinued fiesta ware and victoria's secret bras and what not.
Anita
TheConnieVandelayShow is offline   Location: Wakefield, VA | Join Date: Nov 2006 Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 06:40 PM   #7
Cdjax
Millenium Club

Two brands that I can think of are Tony& Tina, Skinmarket, and Who's The Fairest?
~Diane~
23 yrs old, blonde, blue eyes, NW15.

Last edited by Cdjax; 11-18-2006 at 07:42 PM.
Cdjax is offline   Location: Tampa, FL | Join Date: Dec 2002 Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:57 PM   #8
StaceyLS83
Goddess

I just want to post a WOOOOOOOW in regards to Tinkerbell. I loved that stuff so much as a little girl.
~*Stacey*~

Licensed Esthetician and Massage Therapist
StaceyLS83 is offline   Location: NC | Join Date: Dec 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:10 PM   #9
FiestyFemme
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterOffBuffless View Post
I just want to post a WOOOOOOOW in regards to Tinkerbell. I loved that stuff so much as a little girl.
Oh yeah me too! I had a powder, a lipstick, and some peel-off nailpolish. I'm pretty sure it was Tinkerbell anyways.
*Erica*
*light skin/hazel eyes/medium brown hair*
FiestyFemme is offline   Location: True Blood capitol of the US | Join Date: Jun 2001 Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:56 PM   #10
cutie123
Goddess

I loved my Tinkerbell powder compact! I was obsessed with it haha.
becky*
cutie123 is offline   Location: CT, USA | Join Date: May 2002 Reply With Quote